Terms & Delivery
Highland Stoneware is completely dedicated to having satisfied customers. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, please contact us
- by phone: 01571 844376
- by fax: 01571 844626
- email: email@example.com
- post: Highland Stoneware, Lochinver, Sutherland, IV27 4LP
We abide by ‘The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000’, (for EU customers only) details of which can be found here.
- For all deliveries in the UK prices include VAT at the current rate.
- EU & International, where applicable, prices will show excluding VAT at the checkout.
ORDER CONFIRMATION & CREDIT CARD SECURITY
- When you have completed your online order you will be sent an email confirmation. It will state what the products are on order, the total cost including VAT (where appropriate) and Post & Packing charges, together with delivery and invoice details. If for any reason your order cannot be fully processed, you will be contacted to explain the nature of the difficulty and effect resolution.
- All payments are secure and charged at point of order. Card numbers are encrypted using 128 bit encryption. Payments are processed by our nominated payment platform (Sagepay).
DELIVERY & SHIPPING
We aim to dispatch your order as soon as possible. However, please bear in mind that we have a vast range, and each piece is individually made, and decorated by hand. We do not hold every item in stock, items showing as ‘Available on Backorder’ will need to be painted for you, but we aim to supply within 30 days from payment. If you need a piece urgently, please let us know in the Order Notes, and we will do our best to get it to you, or offer you an alternative.
Your order will only be sent when complete. If you require it to be split in order to get part sooner, then an extra carriage charge will be incurred.
Shipping costs are based on the order value. The price is calculated at the Checkout and is based on the destination country.
|Order Value||UK||Channel Islands||Europe||US & Canada||Australia
|Rest of World|
|Up to £55||£5||£10||£15||£30||£35||£35|
|£55.01 – £100.00||£10||£25||£25||£45||£60||£60|
|£100.01 – £200.00||£15||£25||£40||£60||£85||£85|
|£200.01 – £300.00||£20||£50||£60||£85||£120||£120|
|£300.01 – £500.00||£25||£50||£60||£120||£140||£140|
|£500.01 – £1000.00||£25||£50||£80||£150||£170||£170|
If we are arranging delivery of your order to a third party address (e.g. a friend or relative) you must ensure that you provide us with a full and accurate address, including the correct postcode. We will not be liable for orders lost or delayed due to wrong or incomplete address details. Please note that we are unable to deliver to an address containing a P.O. Box Number.
- UK – Parcels will be sent by Royal Mail or Parcelforce depending on parcel weight. We will inform you by email when your order has been dispatched, and you will receive a tracking number, with a link to track your order. Small parcels are often sent by Royal Mail without a tracking number.
Delivery from the Highlands normally takes 3 to 4 working days, and is for weekday delivery only.
- Europe – Parcels will be sent by Royal Mail or DPD depending on parcel weight. We will inform you by email when your order has been dispatched, and you will receive a tracking number, with a link to track your order. If we find the cost of shipping to be cheaper or more expensive than you have paid (by more than £15), we will refund the difference or contact you to pay an additional surcharge. In particular this may be required for reasons of weight or delivery to a remote or rural address.
As of 1 January 2021, goods delivered to Europe will be VAT exempt. The recipient will be liable for any customs duties and taxes upon delivery (Delivered at Place – DAP) and are not the responsibility of the supplier. Customs clearance will require an email address and telephone number. They may also require an EORI Number (business) or Personal ID Number – Passport or Driving Licence No.(PID) We will contact you if this is required.
Until July 2021 Customs duties will not be applied for goods under the value of €150, however local VAT can apply. Local VAT will not be applied to goods under €22.
- International – Parcels will be sent by Royal Mail or Courier depending on parcel weight. We always use a trackable ‘signed for’ service and source* the best option for your delivery address. We will inform you by email when your order has been dispatched, and you will receive a tracking number, with a link to track your order.
If we find the cost of shipping to be cheaper or more expensive than you have paid (by more than £15), we will refund the difference or contact you to pay an additional surcharge. In particular this may be required for reasons of weight or delivery to a remote or rural address.
Please note that any customs duties incurred, are to be met by the recipient, and are not the responsibility of the supplier.
- Failed Delivery – Should there not be someone in to accept delivery during working hours, a card will be left informing the recipient that they have tried to deliver. They will request that the recipient contacts their local sorting office to arrange collection or re-deliver at a suitable date. We accept no liability if delivery is not made due to the recipient not being available or due to the recipient failing to contact their local depot within a reasonable time to arrange collection or re-delivery.
If non delivered goods are returned to us, we are charged a return delivery fee. We will have to charge, the customer, this and an additional shipping fee to re-send the order.
*For International Parcels we use a comparison site to find the best price and service to the destination country. It may not always be the cheapest option and prices are variable.
BREAKAGE OR LOSS
- In the rare event of loss or damage in transit, we take responsibility to make good the loss. If possible, please supply us with a digital photograph of any damages and the packaging to substantiate your claim.
- Please do not return broken pieces.
- If for any reason you are not entirely satisfied with your order, and the goods are returned to us, undamaged, we will fully refund your purchase transaction. Please note that we cannot be responsible for returned goods that are damaged in transit. Should the goods be of good quality, all carriage charges will be the responsibility of the purchaser. If the goods are found to be faulty, we offer to replace or refund the faulty item at no additional charge to the customer. We will only refund carriage costs at cheapest over-the-counter Post Office rates.
- Personalised and bespoke pieces are only ever made on a ‘Run of Kiln’ basis. Slight imperfections in the glaze are considered acceptable. We are unable to offer a refund or replacement, unless the item is faulty.
- As a consumer you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of goods and receive a full refund including delivery charge. In order to claim a refund you must notify us in writing within this ‘cooling off’ period. Refunds will be made as soon as possible, but within 30 days.
- Goods must be returned to us in the original packaging and arrive undamaged within 10 working days from informing us of cancellation. Please note, that items are returned at your own cost and we recommend the use of a registered postal service for your protection.
We reserve the right to make changes to our Trading Terms and Loyalty Points Scheme.